She said, "Tara, a birth mom has CHOSEN your family." I knew it. I just KNEW it.
Yes, it has happened. We have been chosen. That is one of the most beautiful words of adoption, Chosen. We are chosen and then we get to choose this young girl and her child.
We had the absolute honor and privilege of meeting our birth mom and her Father yesterday evening. 12/12/12. <---Yes, I am one of THOSE people who get to say that something AMAZING happened to them on that very cool date.
I was so nervous.
- I had butterflies from my waking moment.
- I counted the hours all day of the longest day of my life.
- I'm pretty sure I changed clothes 10 times.
- We got there 30 minutes early.
- We re-parked the car 3 times making sure that it wouldn't be awkward if they got there and pulled up right next to us.
- Walking into the place I was breathing like they teach you in pregnancy classes. He, hoo. He, hoo.
We are pleased to announce that we will be adopting a baby boy in February 2013.
This story is definitely so different from the last one and we are at the beginning of yet another adventure. We are waiting to see how it will unfold. We anticipate that God has matched us with this sweet girl and her family for His purpose.
I cannot wait to share more as we get to know them. I love how Jesus cares for us and how His timing is perfectly perfect. I'm so full of joy for He has chosen us!!