Sunday, August 28, 2011

Confirmed.

Remember how I told you that I was so emotionally involved when it came to my desire for another child? Remember how I said that I needed God to speak to me in a VERY different way than normal? Well, He did. He originally spoke through Makyla and then confirmed it through a perfect stranger. (I hope to tell her this story in full one day. She is a BIG part in releasing us to choose this agency) I had read all about Hope's Promise online and loved it but still wasn't sure. We had gone to the informational meeting with Emily and we still weren't sure. As we pulled away from Hope's Promise on that Thursday morning, my heart was a little heavy because I still didn't know. I expected to hear an angel choir singing from Heaven or hear a thunderous voice say, "This is the way, walk in it." I heard nothing. The worst part was that Dave didn't necessarily have peace either. I was bummed. I just wanted to KNOW this was the right step at the right place.  
That evening we went to see my son, Hunter perform with his dance class. (Yes, he was in dance and NO, I'm not sorry!) He got to be Jesus in one of the dances and it was so cool! He lights up the room with his energy, smile and his amazing dance moves. Anyway, we went to drop him off before the show began and I happened to be dropping my plate of cookies off at the cookie table for a reception after the show. This lovely woman who I had seen dropping her daughter off at dance class was there at the same time. I had said three words to her before this day and I just happened to ask her about her pregnancy.  As we started talking I found out that this pregnancy was a surprise and that her and her husband were actually going to adopt and had gone through most of the process when they found out they were pregnant. I told her we were just trying to start the process. She asked if we had chosen an agency. I kinda paused and said that we had a meeting that morning with Hope's Promise but we still weren't sure. She looked at me with wide eyes and said, "That's who WE went through and they are the best! I would definitely go with them again if we start the process after this pregnancy!" I think my mouth was hanging open at this moment and my heart was beating with gladness. Do you know how many adoption agencies there are....... I don't either! =)I just KNOW there are a lot! I think I walked out of that place beaming because I felt that God had answered right then and there on the same day. He answered in a way that confirmed it in my heart. I told Dave the story and all he could do was laugh. He laughed because he knew, just like I knew that God answered. Our God is a fantastic communicator and He speaks. Simple and beautiful confirmation.

The next step was to fill out the application and send in our $250 with it. I was so anxious to get it done that I even forgot a few things. We mailed it in and we heard back on Friday, August 19th that our application had been accepted by Hope's Promise. I was one happy girl and my family and I rejoiced.

Me filling out part of the application.

1 comment: