Friday, November 4, 2011

 My beautiful sister, Tredessa Rhoades will be getting married at the end of this month to Ryan Faaland. We couldn't be happier. We are busy making beautiful decorations and hunting for our outfits and praising God that He brought Ryan into Tredessa's life. Something that I adore about Tredessa is that she always takes time with her nieces and nephews no matter what time of life she is in. She definitely has been termed the "Favorite Aunt" by a few kiddos. ;) This story is no exception. During this busy season of wedding planning she took time to play, LIFE with Hunter yesterday and here is the story she wrote....
 
"Played the board game, Life, with my nephew, Hunter, today. He was thrilled everytime he got any money and would constantly chant, "I have more money than you!" in a tone of competition...to which I would very humbly respond, "Nuh-uh, I do!" After he watched me land on the spaces where I got twin boys and a baby girl to add to my little vehicle and he hadn't landed on any kid spaces, he glanced ...at the money that he highly valued, because it meant that he would beat me, and turned to me and asked, "Can I adopt a baby if I gave you some money?" My eyes got a little misty. "Of course, you can." I loved that he didn't ask if he could just take a couple of the little people pegs and put them in his car as his kids, but that he realized that it was a precious thing that he was asking for and it would cost him something that he valued. The sacrifice was worth it to him. So he adopted two boys..." -Tredessa Rhoades

I bawled and am still bawling as I reread this precious story. As a parent, I'm trying to prepare my son for adoption and I think he just might be getting it.

4 comments:

  1. I totally got teary-eyed when I read that on Facebook. That kid amazes me everytime I talk to him - and it's thanks to his parents. I can't wait to see what little life God blesses by putting them in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...with tears, I had to re-read it twice. Great job, Mom and Dad! He gets it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clicked over to your blog and did a double-take that my picture was at the top! Thank you for the sweet words:) They're incredibly humbling. I was just reading mom's blog post about me and crying and then this didn't help! :) It was a wonderful moment with Hunter. You guys have taught him well and what I love is that he's so generous and he often surprises me with that. He'll just all the sudden pop something out about giving his money away in a way that makes him seem so much older than he is. He's going to be a wonderful big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hunter does just stinking amaze at the oddest moments.

    ReplyDelete