Thursday, August 25, 2011

The first meeting.

The name I remembered from my talk with Kim was the adoption agency called, "Hope's Promise". As I looked and researched their website I just loved what I saw so I wasted no time and contacted the Ft. Collins office to see when we could schedule an informational meeting. I scheduled the meeting for 3 days later on Thursday. I can't explain the anticipation that I felt. I think I imagined floating into the office and saying, "I want to adopt a baby!" and everyone in the office throwing a party for me. Not so. It was a normal meeting full of information. (It's okay to laugh at me!) 
We met with Emily that day. She was wonderful and answered all of our questions thoroughly. That day finally felt like something was beginning but we still hadn't heard a definitive answer from the Lord.
I was so excited when we saw this sign! 

This was us directly after our meeting with Emily from Hope's Promise. Just being us.


1 comment:

  1. I love how REAL you are....I am sure I would have been the SAME way in regards to the anticipation of the meeting. AND wanting to adopt is definitely a good reason to have a party, right?

    ReplyDelete