Thursday, August 25, 2011

Can I be REAL? (a pause from story)

  
Freaking out a little bit.
Dave and I sat down 2 nights ago to go over our next set of papers through the adoption agency. As we read through the papers it began to be evident that you are signing your name on the dotted line that says, "I will pay this large amount of money that you are asking for and I will pay it at the exact time you are asking me for it."  UGH! Well, I went to sleep fairly heavy hearted because of the amount of money and honestly thinking there was no way to sign those papers and feel okay. Yes, I had a freak out session and truthfully we were so tired that we didn't even think to stop and pray right then about what we should do. (Boy, am I glad that I didn't write a post the next day because it would have been all about me and my poor sad, sob story!) 
I'm NOT freaking out anymore! Isn't God so good? Dave and I prayed, prayed, and prayed again through the day yesterday. We had a discussion at the end of the day and here are some of the outcomes we had. 

-$21,000 is NOT too much for God
-God LOVES to take care of His kids and the orphans.
-God definitely has adoption on His awesome "Father's Heart!"*In love God the Father predestined us to be adopted as His sons and daughters through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will (Ephesians 1:5)
-We have seen God raise some incredible amounts of money for Heaven Fest and our other ministries through our non-profit! 
-We are being obediant.

We took time to Remember who God is...
Enough said. 
We are moving ahead. 

Love,
Tara






11 comments:

  1. Denise Sisneros Schowe: And loving reading about your journey because your words just spoke to me and my own life. What a great reminder today. Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy Brown: Love the blog! God is so faithful! And you're so right, His heart is for adoption. The scripture you shared is right on target and also brought to mind the very fact that JESUS was adopted!! Did not Joseph receive and love him as his own? God is amazing, and I have every confidence in His desire to provide for your every need. Adding my faith to yours.... Love, Tam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serena Abdelaziz: It's about obedience...it's okay to freak out--a little! :) Praying for God's PROVISION, and I am excited to see His FAVOR at work in your lives. (again and again)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley Gilber:t Love following your blog! very excited for the journey has you on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie Simants: I believe God is going to give you such a huge revelation of His character through this adoption process…in a way that wouldn't have been possible without it…I believe that this new understanding and knowledge (not just the head knowledge, but the heart knowledge too) of His love will open new dimensions of worship to the Father for you…new creative expressions of worship that you haven't even dreamt of yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike Orenstein: Amen on the blog...God is bigger than any amount of money!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly Roos: Wow! I enjoyed reading your blog. Tara, I just love you guys! You are so faithful and obedient. I know God is going to do great things in your life. He will provide for your family! Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tara Powers: Thank you for all of your wonderful comments!! I definitely agree that God is good! I also know that I'm learning more about His heart than I even planned on! This is soooo NOT about me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natalie Skaggs: I have to give a blog presentation at my writer's group and your blog is one of my examples of blogs to check out! So keep on writing Chica!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tara Powers: Wow, thanks Natalie! I'm blushing. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shelley Sovereign Powers: I am so blessed by your story so far, I can only imagine half of what God is going to do through you guys and for you guys. WE love you two so much and are praying for finance and peace through this amazing journey. We are so excited for you guys and cannot wait to meet this little person God is going to give you. Love!! the other powers family :)

    ReplyDelete