Tuesday, August 23, 2011

He spoke through Makyla.

Dave, Hunter and I went to church @Resurrection Fellowship on Saturday night, August 6th. We have been enjoying our Saturday night church sessions because we lead so much on Sunday mornings that it is hard for us to attend anywhere else. (ps. I actually really like sleeping in on Sunday mornings when we are off...shh.;)) We had to sit in a place that I despise. You can't see very well and you tend to feel very disconnected because there are too many things to observe going on all around you. Well, we definitely sat there for a reason! (more than one reason but I'm only telling you one!) When the service was almost over the woman who was sitting in front of us went to get her baby girl who I assumed was about 5 months old and she was a doll! She kept smiling at me and I made all the correct "goo goo, ga ga"voices to keep her interested in me. (see what I mean?! Church is in full force and I'm completely distracted!) Well, after service was over I CLEARLY heard someone say, "I can't believe she's adopted!" You hear what your listening for, right? I immediately turned to the Mommy of the girl and asked if she was adopted. You guessed it, Makyla WAS adopted and Makyla looked just like her mommy, Kim. Kim and I started talking and she told me about her non-profit that she and her husband were just starting called, Kids for Kyla. (www.kidsforkyla.com) and then proceeded to tell me a couple of agencies that I should check out. Truthfully, I heard the agency names and just kinda blocked it out not thinking anything of it. On Monday I went to search some stuff on the web and I actually remembered one of the names that Kim had suggested to me. I typed it in and LOVED what I saw. 
REZ church on a Saturday night.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are seriously one of the most amazing families ever, I'm SO glad and thankful to have met you and served with you in my lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first blog that I have ever subscribed to and I am so excited for the journey that God has you and your family on!

    ReplyDelete