Monday, September 12, 2011

Treasure.

In our story, there is a little boy. His name is Hunter and he is six years old. He is extremely smart, hysterically funny, and uncommonly logical. He loves to wrestle, could watch Star Wars everyday, and doesn't like most foods. (mostly veggies, of course) He will try anything as long as there is no pain involved. He may tickle you non-stop if you allow him to and he still wants mommy to cuddle with him every night before bed. He feels things deeply. When he laughs, he laughs hard and when he cries, he cries hard. He copies everything his daddy does because he wants to be just like him. When he prays, God listens. He is my son. He is our baby's big brother. 

Hunter has been praying with us for 4 years for a baby sister or brother. He has seen me cry and his prayers have comforted me. When we started the adoption process he was so excited. We heard things like, "Can we go pick them up today?" "Can I please have a 4 or 5 year old brother?" Then he would try to barter (he's good at TRYING to get what he wants.) "How about a 3 year old brother?" 
Dave and I have been open to adopting a child 3 years of age and under but with the adoption agency we have chosen it will more than likely be an infant. I've been trying to warm Hunter up to the fact that he will have a baby. It's been working. We were in Target the other day buying a baby gift for a friend and he stood in the baby toy aisle, playing. After awhile he said, "Mommy, I think I do want a baby." My heart beamed. I've also tried telling him that he will get to change ALL of the poopy diapers. I don't know if that helped or not? =) 

We went to the library a few days ago and got a book about becoming an older brother and a DVD too. The DVD was kinda hilarious but I think it got the point across. The children acting in the movie were acting "angry" because their younger sibling was getting all the attention. Hunter turned to me and said, "I won't get angry about that, Mom."  God is preparing my little boy's heart to be a brother.

Hunter and I took some paper and taped it on the wall in the baby's room to write prayers on and draw pictures for him/her. He started writing, and here is what it said: "the babis lic treasure" *translation: "The baby is like a treasure." (I helped to spell treasure) I cried. 
The BaBIs Lic treasure written on the wall in the nursery.

Writing on the wall.

Hunter writing and drawing on the wall.




Hunter is going to be a great big brother to our little treasure. 

 By wisdom a house is built,
   and through understanding it is established;
 through knowledge its rooms are filled
   with rare and beautiful treasures
Proverbs 24:3-4

I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. Isaiah 45:3


The house of the righteous contains great treasure Proverbs 15:6a
 

1 comment:

  1. And there God is, fashioning the very best for you. For the new baby, for you and Dave. For Hunter. God is good and His ways are perfect.

    ReplyDelete