Thursday, March 15, 2012

Details of love.

I just have to give some glimpses of the room we have been working on in our home that is lovingly called, The Nursery. It is a combination of lovely things that I have purchased from some of my favorite shops: Target, IKEA, Craigslist, Thrift Stores, and Etsy.
Every time we walk past the room we have to stop and take in the warmth and beauty that it has added to our home. Dave even took the time to test out a nap on the floor and he loved it! I have sat in the room on the rocking chair, praying, and breathing in the fact that someday there will be a very loved little person making beautiful sounds to fill up the room. We will spend countless hours in this room, rocking, reading, laughing, soothing, feeding, playing, crying, teaching, and loving. I have such great anticipation!
This little guy was my first purchase for the nursery! He is handmade from Etsy.com.

I got a branch from the Powers family farm and hung our curtains on it. The branch was free and the curtains are reused and Target on clearance for $1.30!!

Our friend, Casree thrifted this lovely rocker for us!
This Craigslist antique dresser only cost me $40!! The diaper changing pad was from our friend, Jenny and the chevron fabric was on clearance at Target for $1.74. The three red baskets and pole are from IKEA and only cost about $15.00. LOVE IT!
My parents bought us this crib from IKEA and I got the Chevron bumper and crib sheets with a gift card to Target!

I replaced the knobs on my dresser with lovely little knobs that I found at Hobby Lobby and they were $1.50 each.


I can't wait to show you more as we prepare for this baby to come home. As you can see, I have had to keep it open to having a boy or a girl in this room. I can't wait to add details based on who we will be bringing into our beloved little room. Excitement is mounting!!

2 comments:

  1. It is simply beautiful!!! I can't wait for the wonderful little bundle that is going to fill it!!!!
    XOxo
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organized and fresh...just like the mommy!

    ReplyDelete